Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Formal Introduction and Blog Resurrection

I had the best intentions of turning this blog into a chronicle of Fletcher's stay in the NICU, both to update friends and family and to have a personal record of our hospital stay. Well, life got in the way.

As evidenced in his birth announcement, Fletcher has been home for four and a half months-- a whole month and a half longer than he was in the hospital. I haven't taken up this blog again (as if one entry really counts as starting a blog) because I felt like I needed to go back and record his life from the beginning in chronological order and as each day passed the prospect got more and more overwhelming.

So, I have decided to jump back in and start with the present, adding recaps of Fletcher's NICU experience and first few months along the way... when I get around to it, that is.

1 comment:

liz.mccarthy said...

Some times I now go months without posting, but when I finally get around to it, I"m always happy i did, then I can go back and read the posts later, don't let posting add to your stress. I know I let it get to me sometimes and that defeats the purpose of a preemie blog in the first place!

Glad to have you on our Preemie Blog Mom's group. Love the picture of Fletcher in his frog shirt!