Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Morning

Fletcher gave Trevor and I an awesome Christmas present by sleeping in until nearly 10 am. We went to Candlelight Service at 9 pm, so we didn't get home until late and I was up until 3 am taking care of some last minute details, so I was particularly happy with this gift. Fletcher is still a little too young to get excited by presents, so we spent a leisurely morning having breakfast and then checking out the goodies from Santa. Since Fletcher still plays with toys he got last year, and because we usually give Fletcher what he needs when we find it (remember, with kids with special needs like Fletcher, toys are typically developmental and are considered part of therapy, so if I come across something that he can play with or would like, I don't pack it away to open in December), we have begun a new family tradition and ask that Santa only bring us four gifts a piece: something we want, something we need, something to wear and something to read.

For his want Fletcher got a flat-screen computer monitor to use with our old desktop computer in order to play his favorite online games; his need was a telescoping bracket to mount the monitor on the wall in his playroom so it can be raised or lowered depending on his positioning (in his corner chair vs. stander); he got a new outfit to wear to our family holiday party this weekend; and finally a book of Christmas songs to read that also has buttons to push for the musical accompaniment, to keep mom and dad on tune.

The boys posing by the tree, Fletcher in his Christmas Eve pajamas his Grandma Adams sews every year for each of her grandkids.

Fletcher with a death-grip on daddy's present.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Merry Christmas!! I still have Fletcher's bday present!! I promise I will mail it this weekend!

Annie said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Melanie said...

Hope you guys had a great holiday.
Isn't Fletcher so cute in his pj's!!!

Ellen Seidman said...

How thoughtful of Fletcher to let you sleep late!!!
I like what you did for presents. We do the same thing with Max--get him stuff year round, because it's all therapeutic. Try explaining that to his four-year-old sis, though!

Merry Christmas.

Kristy said...

Can't wait to see the new goods in his tx room. The jammies are darling!

Jessica said...

I love your 4-present tradition. We might steal that idea! Fletcher looks like he's having a great time.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas Erin, Trevor and Fletcher! I wanted to send you a Christmas card but don't have your address. I'm glad I was able to find your blog. It looks like you are doing great. I miss you guys. Tell Trevor I am jealous of the snow.

Kerri

Katy said...

Like you guys, it's a year-round toy fest around here, so Charlie got three presents--just like baby Jesus. One of them was a pair of hatchbacks. He's spoiled rotten by the resto of the family anyway.

What kind of online games is Fletcher playing?