Saturday, January 17, 2009

Christmas in July

Well, not exactly. We traveled to see some of Trevor's family last week for a belated Christmas visit, but although it was January, they live in San Antonio, so it felt a little like July (at least compared to the freezing temperatures we have been enduring around here for the last month). In fact, we celebrated Trevor's brother's birthday with dinner outside on a restaurant's patio. In January. Other than my dear friends, the winter weather (or lack thereof) tops my list of what I miss about living in Texas. Of course summer is another story.

We had a great time in San Antonio, hanging out at our old haunts and visiting a few new places, too. But most of all, it was nice to just spend time with Trevor's mom, sister and brother and his family. Oh yeah, and eating REAL tex-mex food. Yum.

Fletcher with Grandma Cyndi on "Christmas" Morning

Modeling Matching PJ Pants made by Grandma Cyndi

There is a story behind this picture. Because Fletcher's gross motor skills are hit or miss, I tend to be lax at baby proofing the surrounding area, so to speak. One afternoon we went to lunch at this dive close to my old college campus, and five minutes after sitting down, Fletcher grabs hold of my iced tea and pulls it all over our laps. Of course this was one of the few times I didn't pack a back-up outfit, so we had to throw together this stylish ensemble consisting of a hoodie I stashed in the car for later and a skirt made of his burp cloth (which, by the way, is a super-cute handmade burpcloth made as a set with a receiving blanket by my skilled seamstress friend Sara and given to me at my baby shower, and yes, I am slathering on the praise so she will make me another set for the new baby). Also note the half-chewed bite of beans and cheese in Fletcher's mouth... the kid can't get enough Mexican food, just like his mom and dad.

Daddy, Grandma Cyndi, Fletcher and Aunt Anika after Feasting on BBQ at the Salt Lick in Dripping Springs

Trying out the New Wetsuit

Uncle Chad hooked us up with day passes to the indoor pool at his gym... it wasn't THAT warm outside

Hitting the Dance Floor with Uncle Chad after his Birthday Dinner

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, maybe next year we can meet! Fletcher sure is cute!
Barbara

Katy said...

I am the same way about the baby-proofing! I'm just starting to have to do that and I often forget.

Charlie love Mexican food too! Maybe we'll have to all go get some together when we have satellite.